Meeting Minutes

November 13, 2017

Opening

The regular meeting of the Medina Athletics Boosters was called to order at 6:00 p.m. on November 13, 2017 at the Medina High School by Boosters President, Troy McClowry.

Attendance Status

Name                                     Title                                           Status

Troy McClowry                     President                                   Present

Tom Delac                             Vice-President                           Present

Jen Anspach                           Treasurer                                   Not Present

Daniella Hensley                    Secretary                                   Present

Amy Byers                              Development                            Not Present

Kate O’Cull                            Membership                              Present

Ron Glasenapp                        Communications                      Present

Dawn Allar                              Community Involvement         Not Present

Joy Rambo                              Team Relations                        Not Present

Todd Hodkey                           Athletic Director                      Not Present

Approval of Minutes

Approval of Minutes

The MAB board minutes from the October 9, 2017 meeting were motioned for approval by Kate and second for approval by Ron.

 

Open Issues

Action

Owner

Status

Date Due

Review and propose opportunities for MAB networking to increase organization visibility: Focus on band and school foundation

Tom

Ongoing

Q1 2018

Provide Proposal on potential of a MAB gear store

Dawn

Ongoing

Q1 2018

MAB holiday store coordination

Amy

Complete

11/13/2017

Send an email to existing MAB members to solicit volunteers

Dawn

In progress

Q1 2018

Review current membership enrollment form to add a link to "click" if a new member is willing to volunteer

Amy

In progress

Q1 2018

Provide MAB board with access to the MAB sponsor database (stored on google docs)

Amy

Complete

11/13/2017

View only access to QuickBooks for Todd

Jenn

Complete

11/13/2017

Job Descriptions/Profiles/Checklist- Each MAB board member and lead complete this activity by EOY.

MAB Board & Leads

In progress

Jan all-day meeting

 

New Business

Member Update:

Summary & Update:

Troy

·         Yarwood

o    I met with Yarwood to discuss what they do for Boosters and what are our expectations.  The developed a new contract that we will sign and the plan is to move to a monthly retainer for services starting in August 2018.

·         Tax Return

o    Yarwood completed our 2016 tax return and will be e-filing on November 2015 along with a $200 filing fee.  

·         General Bucket

o    the general bucket is currently at 87K.  We are not at the point to develop a budget for next year.  However, the goal is to set aside 25K for uniforms for 18-19 school year.  I would like to vote on this.

o    Troy motions to move $25,000 of budget to ear-mark for uniforms, second by Daniella.

·         Projects

o    I have had a preliminary meeting with the track and cross country coaches about the purchase of a timing system.  à Track coaches will be at 12/11/17 booster meeting to review proposal.

·         Winter sports

o     Recognition (Booster, jackets, sponsors, etc.)

·         Concessions

o    Meeting with Jeff and Todd about sustainability à Next phase Troy and Tom will meet with student counsel to discuss profit sharing options.

·         Uniforms

o    Todd and I have developed a UNIFORM ROTATION chart and this will assist with budgeting for the future 

Tom

·         Winter 2018 MAB planning meeting- confirm date and location- Tom is organizing date, Daniella and Tom will manage a topline agenda.

Jen

·         Budget Update on current MAB income and expenditures

·         Overall membership update (528 fall athletes, 150 Boosters members)

Daniella

·         Review open actions

·         Winter sport MAB presence

Amy

·         Holiday Store-

o    Due to the timing & limitations of us offering a "store" we are just covering costs & making small margins on this year’s Shoppe. Maybe $4-10 per item.  The idea is to not lose momentum.  I have also attached a cost sheet - our commitment to all of these items is around $3500 - the rest of the items are PRE-ORDER NO RISK. 

o    Fullfillment - I will volunteer to hold a pick up at the HS or other location for holiday items.

·         Basketball game Themes for Spirit Nights

o    Themes

o    Management  

o    Any MAB table to sell shirts?

Kate

·         Coordinating send of winter sport emails to the athlete parents.

Ron

 Meeting points for Communications

  • Social postings continue for Boosters on Twitter & Instagram
  • Good interaction on social media throughout fall playoff runs
  • Updating website for winter sports with schedules
    • Need updates from coaches on their JV/9th/middle school coaching staffs
  • Looked into adding volunteer selection for new members
    • Addition needs to be done on Eventbrite website, which I don’t have access to alter
  • Creating Positive PR
    • How to do it?
    • How much do we need?

 

Dawn

N/A

Joy

N/A

Todd

N/A

 

Additional Topics

Topic

Summary

 

·          

 

·          

 

New Issues- SEE NOVEMBER ACTION LOG

 

Agenda for Next Meeting

Agenda topics for the next meeting are due by the first Monday of the month of December.

Adjournment

Meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm by Boosters President, Troy McClowry. The general meeting was held prior to the meeting from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. The next board meeting will be at 7:00 pm on December 11, 2017, at Medina HS. The board meeting will commence after the general session and coaches meeting updates.